Thursday, June 15, 2006

Conversation With the Cat

So tonight's final Jeopardy! was "2 of the 3 westerns to win the Best Picture Oscar."

This is the conversation I had with Wendell:

Me: Well, one of them is Unforgiven. Would you consider Dances With Wolves a Western?
Wendell: I wasn't alive when those movies came out, and I'm a cat.
Me: Well, did Shane win Best Picture?
Wendell: What part of "I'm a cat" did you not pick up on?

I went with Unforgiven and Dances With Wolves as my final answer, and decided that if that wasn't accepted, and I'd been on the show, I would have protested.

The three movies were Dances With Wolves, Unforgiven, and Cimmaron.

Me: Wendell, I got it right.
Wendell: That's great, but I'm still a cat, and I don't care.

I think I can count on one hand the number of Westerns I've actually seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you watch Deadwood?