My friend Suzanne asked me today what movie I would want to have with me if I were stranded on a desert island. Initially, I said it would have to be a movie that I'd seen several times and that brought me comfort, like the oft-mentioned Apartment or Parenthood.
But thinking a little bit more about it, I realized that I should probably have a movie I can't stand or even get through the first half hour of, like any of the Lord of the Rings movies. Because if I'm stuck on an island, I should really be focused more on getting off the island than on watching movies.
She also asked what snack food I'd take with me, and I said Cannolis. She said that's more of a dessert, so I said Doritos. But thinking about it more, I think I'd rather have Pierogi, although you could argue that's more of a meal than a snack. Whatever. Pierogis are so freaking tasty.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cannolis, Doritos, Pierogi. Just think, a few short years ago I had not heard of any of these wonderful foods. God Bless America!
Have to say though, my pick would be a jar of Branston pickle. It's really good on bubble and squeak.
If I had LOTR, I would never really need to leave the island.
Well...LOTR, and a herd of cattle with which to make cheeseburgers.
Fritos, Dr. Pepper, canned chili with beans and lots and lots of cheddar cheese. That way you have snacks, meals, drinks. I assume I can eat all the great mangos and bananas that will be growing around, like on the Lost island. And, of course, the Dharma initiative food that falls from the sky.
P.S. if your food is going to make moise, crunch is the BEST!
Post a Comment