Friday, March 02, 2007

Conversation With Editor

ME: (handing him copy): Remember when I used to hand you copy, and I'd say, "This is GOLD!"

HIM: Yes. Are you saying that this is gold?

ME: No. I'm just remembering when I used to say it a lot.

And as he would say, "I'm here all week, folks! Try the veal."

Also, my co-worker Audge named me "World's Fastest Googler" last week. And I accept that title. So, deal with it, y'all.

Also, I decided that the skull and crossbones indicating poison whould be redefined to indicate "pirate burial ground."

Also, when I was a kid, we had a plastic Tupperware container with a skull and crossbones drawn on it. I think, since we kept cookies in it, it was supposed to be a joke for my parents in the same vein as my mother's "Doris. . . stick to your diet!" magnet.

Also, the below post? Gilbert Arenas, y'all. But it really coulda been me!

7 comments:

Pat said...

That's good value! Another post and the answer to the last one!
Michele says Hi!

carmilevy said...

I'm trying to remember what it was like to actually HAND a copy to an editor. Paper, physical, printer...those were the days.

Now, it's so impersonal.

Carolyn said...

I remember handing ad copy to my boss at the radio station for him to read aloud over the air-- if you can believe that! Not that I'm that old, but his way of doing things was, lol!

Here via Michele's today :)

Anonymous said...

World's fastest Googler? Ha! I challenge you to a duel!!! :)

Enjoy the weekend -- visiting from Michelle's!

Linda said...

I'm going to have to challenge both you AND wordnerd - I am a googleaholic (is that a word????)

Michele sent me!

Carli N. Wendell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I bet I could give you a run for your money, Google-wise. I'm just sayin'.

The magnet? Hilarious.