Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Biggest Dork Alive

Email I sent to Turner Classic Movies:

In his introduction to KNUTE ROCKNE, ALL AMERICAN, Ben Mankiewicz said that Ronald Reagan played football at Eureka College in California. Eureka College is located in Illinois.

I know, I know, it's not a big deal. But I'm a trivia freak like half the people who watch TCM, and I just thought I'd point it out.

I believe the only president to attend college in California was Richard Nixon, who attended Whittier College. Whittier College's mascot is the Poet. Oooh. Be afraid. Here come the mighty, mighty. . . Poets.

Oh, and Hoover went to Stanford.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny -- I knew he went to Eureka College, but I think I always just assumed it was in Eureka, California. (Hmmm...maybe this kind of error is why that "all about colleges" mag I worked for folded) Thanks for setting me and TCM straight, Carli.
T-Mo

Anonymous said...

Hi Carli,
Lol on the poets thing, I used to live @ Whittier's Birthplace in Haverhill MA & He's certainly nothing to be afraid of- other than if you got him fired up about Abolition!
Here from Micheles.