It's really starting to bug me when people say, "Have you been outside today? It's really nice." And I'm like, "No. I travel to work through a tube I had installed in my apartment that ends directly over my cubicle."
Yeah, well at least I bet you can FEEL the outside temperature as you glide through the tube. I feel absolutely NOTHING as my molecules flow to work through my home transporter. Beam me over boss!
I understand! It drives me nuts when people say stuff like that- or since I work in a call center- ask me how the weather is in India- when I'm in Virginia.
I subscribe to the notion of "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer." But my problem is that my brain works so slowly that I can only come up with a snappy response some 6 hours AFTER the question was originally posed.
I definitely need to work on my timing!
Michele told me to come by and share my experiences from Montreal: the city's Metro (subway) is constructed in such a way that many office and apartment buildings connect directly to its stations. The downtown core also has an extensive underground city. So many people would often never make it outside for days at a stretch. Kinda weird for them...
I am a 30-something Jersey girl. My current interests are walking long distances, absorbing as much theater as possible (especially musicals) and wasting enormous amounts of time on the Internet. I own a coupon binder. I'm obsessed with my cat (with whom I share this profile)
When I write as my cat, I am an 11-year-old tabby cat. I enjoy blankets and long slurps from the sink. I also like turkey, chicken, cheezburger, shrimps, salmons, tunas, and French fries. And corn. And Star Wars.
5 comments:
Oh yes, it is so fun when people ask such dumb questions!
Yeah, well at least I bet you can FEEL the outside temperature as you glide through the tube. I feel absolutely NOTHING as my molecules flow to work through my home transporter. Beam me over boss!
I understand! It drives me nuts when people say stuff like that- or since I work in a call center- ask me how the weather is in India- when I'm in Virginia.
I subscribe to the notion of "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer." But my problem is that my brain works so slowly that I can only come up with a snappy response some 6 hours AFTER the question was originally posed.
I definitely need to work on my timing!
Michele told me to come by and share my experiences from Montreal: the city's Metro (subway) is constructed in such a way that many office and apartment buildings connect directly to its stations. The downtown core also has an extensive underground city. So many people would often never make it outside for days at a stretch. Kinda weird for them...
new question;
were you outside yesterday?
Post a Comment