Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dr. Acula (Yes, I stole that from SCRUBS)

While waiting for my psychiatrist to come out of his office, I got it in my head that he was dressing up like a vampire. I mean, I don't think there was anyone else in his office, and I was wondering what was taking him so long (and by "so long" I mean, like, 2 minutes after my appointment was supposed to start.) So I figured, maybe that's his new thing. . . dressing like a vampire. And the rational person inside of me was like, "Shut up. That doesn't make any sense. "
But it was too late. I was already imagining him opening the door, cape draped over his arm, saying "Velcome" through a set of plastic vampire teeth.


Then he came out of his office and asked me if I would wait while he went out to his car to get his glasses. And then I said to myself, "Glasses? . . . or vampire costume?"

And that pesky rational person inside me said, "Would you shut the fuck up already? He's not dressing up like a vampire."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you were at the right place.

(I sent myself.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...that was what you thought JUST BEFORE he flew back in through the window in the form of a bat!