It's 1:29 a.m. and I guess that 4 and a half hour nap I took this afternoon is keeping me up. (It would have been longer, but my parents called at 4:59, and then Rusty called at 5:01. I can ignore one phone call. Two in a row? Not so easy.) The day started miserably--I couldn't get myself moving and I thought I was falling back in the trap of not cleaning--but I managed to get my apartment in almost-pristine condition--which is good, because for the first time in a very long time I will (probably) have a very neat apartment for my vacation. . . I even plan on tackling the bathroom, which my mother has keenly nicknamed "the final frontier."
Speaking of that vacation, I'm in that "I hope I get everything done this week" freak-out mode I get into whenever I anticipate a change in my routine. For as impulsive a person as I am, I thrive on sameness. So here's my list. We'll see what I get done:
1. Work stuff. If I take on one thing I have to do each day, and not wait till Friday to get anything accomplished, it shouldn't be a tough week. I'll save desk-cleaning for Friday, with the rule that I can't leave the office till it's done. (I promised the gal sitting next to me that I would straighten up my sty, which is slowly, like The Blob, invading her space and eating her dog.)
2. Meet with cat sitter. I have a wonderful cat sitter who will be watching Wendell for a few days while I'm away. I just have to make time this week to meet with her and hand her the keys and tell her exactly how it's gotta go down between her and the feline.
3. My linen closet's a little out of control. And now that I'm keeping a clean apartment, I'm starting to get a little anal about the little details--the stuff people can't even see. And the bathroom--I really gotta do something about that before it comes to life and eats my dog.
4. The Ziegfeld, a really great movie house with a huge-ass screen, is showing a bunch of old flicks this week--Grease, West Side Story, Jaws, Back to the Future, E.T., etc. . . basically all movies I love. Unfortunately, West Side Story is only playing during the day, because that would be amazing to see at the Ziegfeld. (It's playing at the Film Forum in a few weeks, too, but the screen at the Ziegfeld could eat the 3 screens at the Film Forum for a snack and still make room to eat the Film Forum's dog.) But I will, perhaps, get to see either E.T. (Tuesday night) or Back to the Future (Wednesday night).
5. Haircut. Ick.
6. Get p-doc to refill Wellbutrin prescription.
7. Get nurse practitioner at work to refill allergy prescription.
8. Pick up said prescriptions at Target.
9. Try to remain calm.
10. Oh. And laundry. Gotta do that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you've got it covered like a wet blanket.
Post a Comment