Sunday, May 18, 2008

What I Did Today

Walked 10K with no pain in my shins. (YAY!)
Saw Iron Man and loved it.
Ate too much, including a $1 Rice Krispie treat at the movies, because when does anything cost $1 at the movies?
Ranked my preferred vessel for drinking carbonated beverages:
1. Glass
2. Dispensed from a fountain into a paper cup
3. Can
4. Plastic bottle
Wore a free t-shirt
Got another free t-shirt
Decided to rank my top 5 musical movies by enjoyment of the choreography:
1. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. West Side Story
4. Sweet Charity
5. TBD
Was disappointed in the season finale of The Simpsons
Wore my new blue-and-white striped shorts (think engineer overalls). Last year I had (and still have) a similar pair that I vowed to wear every weekend of the summer. Much to my mother's chagrin, I kept that promise.
Decided I absolutely don't need contact lenses
Invented a kid in my head who will be pursuing a double bachelor's degree in sports management and mathematics at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Bought some really bad orange juice
Was given some really good orange juice for free
Learned how to pronounce "Dusquene"
Bragged about my Wheel of Fortune prowess to an almost-complete-stranger. (Seriously, once, the category was "celebrity couple" and I guessed "Anne Bancroft and Mel Brooks" with NO letters chosen, I shit you not.)
Walked away from that almost-total stranger when I realized I was probably bugging the Hell out of her.
Decided to take advice given to me last week by my boss, "If it seems someone isn't interested in what you're saying, stop saying it."
Was on time
Managed to stay mostly out of the rain
Ate at Neil's
Decided if I was ever really stuck in an elevator with Alan Alda, I probably couldn't pretend I didn't know who he was.
Decided if I was ever stuck in an elevator with Alan Alda, there wouldn't be any cell reception so I'd really be the only person he'd have to talk to.
Was challenged to name all 9 Pixar movies in order. I forgot the last two and mixed up another two. Will continue to run drills in my head so it never happens again. (Toy Story, Bug's Life, Toy Story II, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, Wall-E. But I totally got the bonus question, which was to name a Pixar short (Gerry's Game).
Caught up
Fell behind
Caught up again
Didn't use the porta-potty
Wrote a long list on my blog
Craved apple juice

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doo-Kane
but I live in PA and use to live in PittsburgH. So what's with the extra H?
It's easy like Catoctin or "Is é Dia amháin a thabharfaidh breithiúnas orm".

:)

Linda said...

Not to be a bitch, but it's actually "Geri's Game."

Anonymous said...

No. 5 has to be Chicago!

Anonymous said...

Would you consider "White Christmas" for #5? If not that this at least, for the love of Pete, throw "Blazing Saddles" in the running for that final dance number!

Carli N. Wendell said...

#5 can't be Chicago because I was super-disappointed in the dancing. The dancing in the show is Fosse-riffic, but in the movie, they seemed to depend a lot on quick camera shots and interesting angles to minimize the obvious: the dancing just wasn't very good.

I don't think White Christmas qualifies, either, since it's not one of my ultimate favorite musicals. I would lean towards Guys and Dolls at this moment.