Museums are a mixed blessing for me. On the one hand, I love learning new things. On the other, there is so much to take in, and I don't want to forget any of it. The stimulation can be a little too much--but if I've learned anything as I grow older, it's that if I want to live in this lousy world, I need to play it cool. (Okay, so I was watching West Side Story all weekend.) I may have limitations, but who doesn't? If it means that I have to leave MOMA after two hours instead of spending the whole day there because my stress level rises and my attention span falls, so be it. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm learning to adapt experiences in such a way that I can still enjoy them.
And that's one to grow on!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember those. Wow, memories.
Hey, two hours allows you to take in a lot at a museum. Besides, my feet and hips start aching not long after that. Museum floors aren't usually very forgiving.
What a great post. I am learning to do the same thing in other areas of my life Carli. Very well put!
Post a Comment