Friday, June 13, 2008

A Response to a Barrage of Comments By Sarch

1. When I become a coupon whore, I absolutely plan to have a silly looking flowery coupon holder. That's, like, half the point of becoming a coupon whore.

2. It is taking me forever to get through The Children's Blizzard, a book about a late 1800's blizzard that left hundreds of children dead across the Great Plains. It's the feel-good book of a lifetime. It's not that long a book. I just can't concentrate on reading anything longer than a newspaper article.

3. I am mostly a non-caffeinated person. Every once in a while I'll have a Coke or a very sugary Starbucks beverage, and once or twice a year I year I fall into a trap where I basically inject coffee into my veins to stay awake, but for the most part, it doesn't agree with me. Seriously, I had a Diet Coke at lunch the other day, and I didn't get to sleep until after 2 a.m.

4. I have to think that a softball team called the Green Olives would beat the Black Olives every time, because green olives are simply superior. Also, even though I can't run or catch or throw a ball, I have this weird ability to hit the ball.

And now, just for fun, here is another picture from Disney World. Yes, I know you're thirsty and jonesing for sugary pineapple goodness now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm caught up on Carli world affairs.

I seem to have fallen into a pattern of Blogland disappearance followed by a comment Blitzkreig upon my Blogland friends :)

Ya know, that pineapple dessert/drink looks like just the thing to put one into a diabetic coma.

Anonymous said...

2 comments - I have a coupon holder (i had to retire my old one that I got for free from cvs in georgetown which was actually a card holder) and i love it (my current one is actually a lovely striped receipt holder that i got from the $1 bin from target!) the pineapple drink brought back memories - i got one at disneyland before a show 2 years ago. hope you had a blast at disneyworld (seemed like you did!) AP