Not much going on here. . . some fun stuff coming up (I hope), including an excursion to the only place in NY City that sells fishing licenses. So, here's a few more random tidbits about me. Soon enough, any regular reader of the blog will have enough information for an unauthorized biography. . . or to, like, make a robot of me.
1. I think I love my "adopted" thrift shop t-shirts more than my regular, bought-in-the-store t-shirts. It feels like we were made to find each other.
2. My favorite hand-animated Disney movie of the modern era is Aladdin.
3. My favorite computer animated Disney movie is WALL-E, a movie I almost didn't see because I thought the lonely, vulnerable alien would make me too sad.
4. Aside from WALL-E, Iron Man was my other favorite movie of the summer. I still haven't seen Tropic Thunder yet, though.
5. I really need to start watching classic movies again.
6. I may ask my physical therapist if it's worth losing more weight before we continue, because dang my shin still hurts.
7. I am boring enough that I'm super-excited Colgate toothpaste is on sale at A&P, and I have a coupon for Colgate toothpaste at A&P.
8. When I was a teenager, I through [EDIT: THREW] a hissy fit anytime someone in my family said COOPON instead of KYEWPON. (Both are correct pronunciations.)
9. I try not to let it bug me anymore, but when the computer lady voice at the automatic checkout counter asks if I have any COOPONS, I always correct her.
10. I can't think of any sporting event more boring that watching an entire marathon. I don't care if it was live, NBC. Couldn't we see some fencing or karate or something?
11. I read a USA Today article about Lance Armstrong back in 1996 when he was first diagnosed with cancer. I kind of feel all superior and shit to the majority of people who didn't know who he was till three years later when he won his first Tour.
12. I am typing in the dark.
13. I am not whistling in the dark.
14. I do not watch Desperate Housewives, but I just found out that most of the episode titles come from Sondheim songs. Cool. In a very not-cool way.
15. I am ready for the weather to get a little cooler. I am tired of paying an enormous electric bill.
16. I have been eating uncured beef hot dogs from Applegate Farms. They are delicious.
18. I skip numbers sometimes.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's quiet here without you. Don't you mean you threw a hissy fit? Sorry, but I had to go there. Aladdin is pretty awesome, but I still have to go with The Little Mermaid as my favorite Disney movie of the modern era because it started the whole Disney is good again thing. Wall-E was also my favorite movie of the summer. Hamlet 2 was better than Tropic Thunder.
Post a Comment