Alright, maybe it's easier for me to defend Christian Bale because he was a Newsie, and I remember him more for that than <">possibly attacking his family. In case you haven't heard, Bale went off on a rant on the director of photography of his new film, Terminator: Salvation. (You can hear it here.) Apparently the DP wandered onto the set during filming to check on a light, not realizing he was interrupting the scene. . . and I gotta say. . . yeah, Bale could use some anger management counseling, but I don't blame him for being super-pissed.
Yes, he's probably a bratty spoiled actor, but think about it. Just because he's overpaid doesn't mean he's taking a walk in the park. He was possibly already heated because of the scene he was filming; it may be he was already feeling intense as part of the role as the leader of a post-apocolyptal army fighting against evil computer-robots. And then someone just wanders into his scene, forcing him to break character. What WAS this guy doing on the set? He was so concerned about a freaking light that he wandered into the scene? I'd be royally pissed, too, especially if, as Bale had claimed, it had happened before. So, maybe he went a little over-ballistic. It happens. Apologize and move on. It's part of being human.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment