I'm going through a weird phase where instead of drowning my sorrows in booze (which is really not my thing) or food (which is absolutely my thing), I'm watching countless episodes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent online. (Actually, I have counted, but I'm not making that number public.) It's kind of like the Shirley MacLaine movie festival of 2006, only with Vincent D'Onofrio's quirky head tilts.
As for the cable: I did it. I called and I canceled my service. Then I got home and freaked out and within twenty minutes I had an appointment for Thursday morning to have it hooked up again. Now I'm thinking of canceling that appointment. I mean, if it rattled me so much to go without it for twenty minutes, maybe that's a sign I should ride it out? And admit that if I'm truly "riding it out," it doesn't make sense for me to divert that attention to watching TV online?
Life's confusing.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just went through a similar full TV show emersion with "Saving Grace." Downloaded Season 1 on iTunes and watched every episode back to back in about four days. Then came home from vacation and watched season II which was all dVRed on my TV. I LOVE that show, but now I think these people are real and I worry about them all the time. I keep thinking I'm going to go meet them at the bar and try to keep Grace from drinking too much whiskey.
Post a Comment